Saturday, September 22, 2007

Home Sweet Home

We are getting settled, here in swamp country. Slowly, things are starting to fall into place. I started a new job this week, working PRN at Tulane Hospital. I will work at least 40 hrs/week, though, for the first month. Starting work has been quite an adjustment, and a bit stressful - but things seem better at the end of the week. (As opposed to the beginning of the week, when I had a nervous breakdown over doing a pediatric craniotomy on my second day at a new hospital!) We are hopeful that I will soon be working PRN at Ochsner Hospital as well. And the really good news is . . . I finally have health insurance!
Last weekend, before I started work, I persuaded Mathew to go to Lowes with me and buy some plants for the front "yard" (if you can call it a yard). We spent Sunday afternoon planting monkey grass in front of the iron fence, and gardenias behind the fence. There are three gardenias, on each end and in the middle. There are potted flowering plants between them.


Gardening is harder work than I thought! We have been diligently watering our new plants - we certainly do not want them to die after all that work!



Carly's new car - a 2007 Honda Accord. We had to get rid of her old 97 Acura before the transmission dropped out! We really like the new car, except the gas mileage is not what was advertised. But it has tan leather interior, XM radio, 6 CD changer, and sunroof.



Our new bicycles - Mongoose mountain bikes.


Our living room at Audubon Trace - one wall is all mirrored.




Frankie has such a rough life! Smushed between the pillows!





Our new lamp! (Matt was not as in love with it as I was)





Our bedroom . . .






Our guest room . . . awaiting some company! And, I must point out the deluxe ceiling fans, that my father installed. Way to go Dad! They look great!










No comments: