Jackie, Connor, Noah, Ian, Nanny & Pa arrived Tuesday, and departed Saturday in the late morning. And so, the adventure began . . . a few pictures from their visit:
Lots of walks and wagon rides . . .
All the boys . . . Boys, Boys, and more Boys . . .
Cam and Ian (being held by Pa) . . .
the attempted group shot - no one seemed to want to cooperate, except Ian (surprisingly!)
the Bates family, just before Jackie & Connor's dinner out at Fearrington (Matt & I's Christmas present to them!) . . . .
Family times the living room . . . Nanny holding Cam with Ian "helping"
Cam, ready for his walk around the neighborhood . . .
Noah, watching TV
Grey, Ian and Connor
Cam, showing off his fat little legs . . .
To the playground! Ian in the swing (and Grey was in the swing next to him) . . .
Jackie and Grey - same color eyes!! Wow!
Grey standing on the rock in the park . . .
Wagon ride down the street to watch Pa and Noah fly the airplane . . .
Ian, ready to jump ship . . .
Noah loved to play with Grey and Cam (he especially liked to pull Grey's bink out and then give it back) . .
Ian liked Noah's Christmas present from Pa the best!
- Lots of walks to the playground and around the neighborhood, and to see the model homes
- Grey and Ian did a couple wagon rides
- Jackie and Connor did several trail runs
- Noah and Pa flying the airplane
- Lots of play time at the house - scooters, puzzles, legos, train paint set, race car track
- Evening movie time - my fave was the Sherlock Holmes movie! (Eat Love Pray was a real bummer!)
- the Dry Ice experiment - at least an hour of entertainment
- Tons of cooking and Eating - Carly's pork tenderloin that turned out to be something else (mystery meat!), Lasagna, Thanksgiving turkey dinner! pumpkin pie!
- Sally, Shelton & Becca's visit
- Jackie and Carly - Fearrington Spa getaway! with seaweed wraps!
- the Jordan Lake Christmas tree farm on Friday afternoon - where everyone first stopped at the wood shed to get hot coco and hot cider - then onto to shop the trees
- Jackie & Connor -dinner at Fearrington on Friday night (we won't mention their bill!)
- Saturday morning - Noah helped decorate the Christmas tree
- Morning time was always my favorite - coffee and bagels with everyone gathered in the kitchen & living room -cozy!
- and of course, all the cousin time together (very special)
The only thing that made me feel better after everyone left was to start planning our next family adventure . . . trip to Baltimore possibly in January (and perhaps to Little River as well), family beach trip in May or Sept?
Oh, and Cam's 4 month doctor visit went very well (2 shots poor baby!). November 8th - Cam weighed 13.56 lb (17 th percentile) and was 25.25 inches long (55th percentile).