Monday, June 28, 2010

Imminent

Tonight? It could be. I've been having contractions on-and-off now since Saturday night. Delivery could be imminent, which brings a myriad of thoughts, feelings, apprehensions, and anticipations . . . but overall, a sense of awe that we'll soon be meeting our new son! It's really hard to believe we're about to embark on this adventure again, but hey, such is life (my saying lately). Grey, I do believe, has little idea of what's to come. He is still fascinated with my belly, pulling up my shirt to stick his finger in my belly button (and this happens in all sorts of public places - the pool, the grocery store - classy, huh?). But I don't think the implications of that belly have any meaning for him . . . yet!
Grey, me and the belly tonight . . .



Grey playing with Daddy's hair . . .


and slapping Daddy on the head (pretty hard, too) . . .



And, I should go ahead and mention . . . Congrats to Matt on his graduation Friday night. His UNC urology fellowship is officially complete - the final graduation! I am so proud of him! His career in academic urology (also imminent) will begin next month . . .
Picture from his graduation . . .



more pics of Grey - 11 months old . . .










Chillin' at the pool with his shades . . .


_______________________________________
Remembering back to when Grey was just a week or two old, and how small he was . . . and now about to have another retracing those same steps . . . it's truly amazing. I remember how immediate the love was that I felt for Grey, and it's only grown with him. I know that love is imminent once again, and I am so grateful. I am also prayerful that this delivery will be just as miraculous as Grey's. (and that my epidural works!)

Here's remembering how small Grey was . . . the bear was bigger . . .




My how time changes things . . . the bear no longer has the size advantage . . .




And, let me not forget to mention one more change in our lives . . . MOBILITY!



Update from my last OB appt (last Friday) . . . I was dilated 1-2 cm and 50% effaced (and that was before all these contractions started). My BP was high, though, at 145/97 with trace amounts of protein in my urine . . . so they are on the lookout for the beginning of pre-eclampsia. But I am not too swollen and no headaches. Also, I was measuring a little small (external uterine diameter), and so they have scheduled another ultrasound for Wednesday morning . . . if I make it that far! I am hopeful I will deliver before then.
so, please keep us in your prayers . . . as it could be tonight!







No comments: