Sunday, May 17, 2009

three peas in a pod . . .

May 2 - May 9th . . . our "vacation" to NC. Somehow, our vacation entailed over 3,000 miles of driving and a rather stressful meeting with our builder. Next time, we're going to Antigua!
(just kidding) It was great to see our family and friends. We stayed in Southern Pines with Matt's family from Saturday to Wednesday. Saturday, May 2nd, we attended Matt's cousin's wedding in Clinton, NC . . . a very splendid affair! On Sunday, I journeyed to Raleigh to see Christina and be a part of her baby shower (see the next posting). Monday, we spent in SP with Matt's family and had dinner at Vito's Italian Restaurant (yum!). Then on Tuesday and Wednesday, we travelled to Chapel Hill/Raleigh to pick out lighting for our house and meet with the builder. At least, when we left our lot in Briar Chapel, they had (just) broken ground, and we felt that the builder would be very proactive in moving things along. Our new estimated closing date on the house is end of Sept.
One of my favorite parts about being in Southern Pines was breakfast with Matt's dad (on Monday and Wednesday morning)! I love our conversations with him, and he is absolutely thrilled about being a grandfather.
After our visit in Southern Pines, we journeyed over to G-town to stay with my parents. Jackie and Noah also decided to come for a visit, which was a wonderful surprise. We also visited my grandmother, who just moved into a beautiful new condo in Belmont, NC.

three peas in a pod . . . One morning during breakfast, my dad pulls out his tape measure and measures my belly (36.5"), Jackie's belly (37"), and his own belly (37")! We all had a good laugh!
Jackie and I are about the same size, as you can see . . . me at 30 weeks and Jackie at 28 weeks.

Matt . . . taking notes on how to feed a 2 yr old breakfast (mommy obviously eats last!).


Noah (almost 2 1/2 yrs) . . . one big bundle of energy! Always laughing, smiling, and into something!


Mom and Jackie threw a beautiful baby shower for me (Saturday 5/9). I was really touched by everyone's thoughtfulness and generosity!





UNC tarheel binkies! a must-have in this family! (thank you Kristen and Kim) I also received this blue boppie pillow, which I know will help with the breastfeeding.






hours of fun and enjoyment . . . a breast pump!






Frankie was really a trooper, making the trip from NOLA to Gastonia, 10 + hours in the car. Sleeping sitting up!




My poor feet . . . the swelling seems to be getting worse every week! My work shoes are so tight, I have to really squeeze to get my feet into them!




And, just for comparison, here I am at 28 weeks prego.


During our travels, we saw this interesting sign in the back of a pickup truck . . . we had a good laugh! how true













No comments: