Wednesday, October 15, 2008

remembering Wayne

I was very privileged to be with Wayne (my step-grandfather) and my family during the time of his passing to be with the Lord. It was a unique and blessed experience, and I wouldn't have missed it for the world. A myriad of emotions hung in that hospital room during his last hours on earth, as we all reminisced about our time with him . . . and those precious moments that seemed so short. Wayne had been in my prayers regularly during these past months, as his health deteriorated. Now I know that as I was praying for the Lord to ease his pain and to comfort him, give him peace . . . now I know the Lord was listening. For he is now in a much better place than any of us. I am ever so grateful for my amazing family, who were there to support and comfort each other during this time. I know that it meant a lot to my grandmother to have us all there. There is such healing in family.

Here are a few memories of our time with Wayne . . . these first two pictures were taken this past July, at the family reunion.
Grandma and Wayne sitting in Valerie's backyard . . .


Jackie and Wayne by the pool . . .


These are some snapshots from my wedding (July 2007) . . . Wayne had such a splendid time at the wedding. I think he had more energy than I did . . . he danced to every song!


He really liked dancing with this 'gal' . . .



Wayne and Leann dancing together . . .





No comments: