Sunday, January 31, 2010

the newest member of the clan . . .

The newest member of the clan . . . is a boy! (apparently, Matt is part Scottish, so I though "clan" was appropriate.)

Anyway, I am now 18 weeks prego, and things are going well. I've had very little nausea, unlike my first go-round, and so far, no swelling! I've only gained about 5 or 6 lb so far. The ultrasound last week was done at 17 weeks, 4 days, and it clocked him at 17 weeks, 2 days (so we're right on track). Everything looked in order - size of the head, arms, legs, fingers, toes, spinal cord, heart, kidneys - they checked it all! And, he had his palm open, seemingly to wave at us. We learned that is a very good sign. He was 213 grams, or 7 oz. Just this week, I've started feeling a little movement. It seems like whenever I feed Grey, he just goes hay-wire - kicking me like crazy! (maybe it's just my imagination, or gas, who knows) Anyway, my clothes are definitely getting tighter, but the need to eat everything in sight has abated (although, I'm still hungry a lot!).

A few ultrasound pictures . . . the front of his face (alien shot) - his face is turned 90 degrees to the left, if you are having trouble deciphering it . . . (looks like he is grinning)




and of course, we had to include a picture proving that he is indeed a boy!



My next appt is the end of February, so we'll keep you posted. We've switched OB practices; we're now seeing a group of midwives at UNC. So far, we like them a lot better, and it is a small group (5 of them). You get to see all of them, and one of the 5 will be at the delivery. (unless it's a c-section, then you get whatever doctor is on call, but oh well - can't have everything!)

No comments: