Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Baltimore trip & the Family Reunion

Last week Matt and I travelled to Baltimore for 3 days and then to Charlestown, WV for my family reunion (actually, my mother's side of the family). Traveling with a 5 week old is really not that easy. We packed 3 bags of stuff for Grey, and Matt and I put our clothes in one suitcase! Not to mention, the pack'n play and car seat . . . it's really a lot of stuff for one little guy! In addition, because our Grey is a 'spitter' (to say the least), we had to do laundry every other day.
Anyway, a few pictures from our trip . . . Matt and Grey at my sister's house in Baltimore (both are very excited to be there, obviously) . . .


Jackie's new little one . . . Ian Russell Bates at 2 weeks old


Trip to Charlestown from Jackie's house . . . Grandma ("Nanny"), Noah, and Grey in the backseat


Grey in the car, on the way to Charlestown - Grandma is trying to appease him during the ride with the binky




Grey's first dip in the pool . . . he didn't seem to enjoy it so much . . .



Friday night, at Valerie's (my mom's cousin) big victorian house in downtown Charlestown, we had a big cook-out with burgers and chicken (great food). Here are some photos from the front porch . . . . first, the Bates family . . .






Jackie and Ian, me and Grey




Jackie with my cousins Kristen and Kim










Jackie with her snug-bug


Picture of Grey at Val's





Grey, passed out at the hotel . . .







Grandma with Ian on her shoulder . . .



Grey, Grandma, and (great) Aunt Sheila



Aunt Sheila, Aunt Donna & my Grandma (sisters)




Me and cousin Sara (actually my second cousin)



Matt and Grey at the reunion . . .






My Aunt Diana's family (from left to right, top row then bottom): Mike, Paul, Matt, Paul's girlfriend Brittney and her little girl, Uncle John, Aunt Diana, and my Grandma


So good to see all the family, and Grey was a big hit! Everyone loved meeting him, and baby Ian. I am so glad I got to spend some time with my new nephew - Ian is just precious. Visit my sister's blog to see more pictures of him.

No comments: