Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My Sleepy Grey

The past few days have been a bit overwhelming . . . worrying about this little guy is about to do me in. In the past 2 days since we've been home, Grey has been sleeping A LOT . . . which I know is normal for newborns, but he had a nap for 7 hrs on Sunday and for 6 hrs yesterday! I tried to wake him up to eat, but he was not interested . . . sleepy Grey!
We had his first pediatrician appt today, and the report was really good. He was back up to 5 lb 5.5 oz, which is close to his birth weight (he was down to 5 lb 3 oz when we left the hospital). And, the doctor thought his jaundice looked better. I reported his lengthy naps to the doctor, and even he thought that was a long time for such a little guy to sleep without eating! (so I'm not completely crazy - just rightfully concerned) Anyway, he is eating really good now, and my milk supply has definitely come in. So, hopefully now mommy can get some of that peaceful sleep that Grey is so enjoying!





My mother arrived today from North Carolina to help us out for a little while, and I am so appreciative! Already, she has cooked us a meal, cleaned up around the house, and of course, helped with Grey. We are really thankful to have her down here . . . it will be a comfort for me and Grey! More updates to come . . .

1 comment:

kristen said...

It makes me want to cry to see these baby pics. It must be so amazing. He is so little! Congratulations. I hope you get to feeling better. Luv u!