Wednesday, August 27, 2008

the audacity of Gustav

Lo and behold . . . Gustav (not even hurricane status as of yet) is creating a paranoid frenzy here in NOLA. My dear fellow blog readers . . . Currently, with its winds at 50 mph and still 6 days away, people are making drastic preparations for the worst. University hospital (and Tulane probably) are shutting down the OR on Friday . . . no elective cases. My fellow co-workers are bombarding me with questions . . . Where will you go? When will you leave? Have you made hotel reservations yet? and I'm thinking 'Seriously, hotel reservations?' I have been advised to take my car and drive home (with the cat). And, let me just say that 13 hrs in the car with Frankie meowing (for a storm that we don't even know is coming!) sounds pretty miserable! At work, we filled out emergency contact sheets in case of a hurricane (Laura is planning to go to India, in case anyone is wondering about her). Our condo complex has also sent out flyers about hurricane preparation (please don't leave potential flying hazards in your yard), with forms for emergency contacts as well. I must say, Gustav's gusto has already arrived in NOLA!

the audacity of Gustav for even thinking about coming this way?! As Dr. Fox would say, Unbelievable!

No comments: