Sunday, December 16, 2007

a late report on Thanksgiving

I've been meaning to update my blog now for a while, and I'm finally getting to it. Matt and I flew to NC for Thanksgiving and spent some time at both my parents' and his parents' houses. We had a really nice trip - it was good to see our family and be with them for a while. We had Thanksgiving dinner at my parents' - and what a spread of food! Hats off to my mom, grandmother, and Aunt Dolores, and even my cousin's, Aaron's, girlfriend brought a couple dishes. It was a feast. Unfortunately, the vacation went by way too fast.

Here is a family shot of Jackie, Connor and Noah . . .


Busted! Yes, this is Matt asleep at my parent's - I guess we could blame it on the turkey.

Aunt Dolores, Mom, Jackie, and Grandma . . . It's always such a treat to get to see Grandma and Wayne. They drove up from Florida to spend Thanksgiving with us. Grandma and I had a couple really nice chats, and we looked through my wedding pictures, reliving the good times.

Visiting on the couch - Connor, Jackie, Noah, me and Grandma . . .




Noah loved all the food! Mom made him special sweet potatoes that he gobbled right up. He also tasted some pumpkin pie, apple pie, ice cream and whipped cream (for the first time) . . . we were relieved to see that he would still eat regular food!


Cheyanne, my very best friend from high school, stopped by on Friday after noon with her two little girls, Madyson and McKynzy. Here is Chey and Kynzy, Noah giving his mother a kiss, and Connor . . .


Chey and her two girls . . .



Noah and his most favorite girl in the whole world . . .

Aaron and Noah . . .





Saturday morning, we drove to Southern Pines and stayed with Shelton and Sally. Becca was able to make a weekend trip to SP as well. We had a big dinner at Sally and Shelton's on Saturday night - great southern cooking (right up Matt's alley!)!
Before we left, everyone opened the Christmas presents we brought them. Here is Becca with the candle we got her . . .


Sally and her new scarf . . .


Why does time seem to slip through your fingers, so quickly? Thanksgiving lasted but a blink of the eye, and we are missing everyone back home again! Until next time . . .









1 comment:

Jackie Lane Bates said...

Carly, I am so glad we got to spend Thanksgiving with you! We had a wonderful time and missed you immediately upon leaving. :( So happy that we will see you on Dec. 28th - we are SO excited! You are such a gift to me!